Nature Through My Lens

Flicker

A Flicker sitting on a stump at the side of the road was nice enough to stay there long enough to get it picture took!  Just!

A Flicker sitting on a stump at the side of the road was nice enough to stay there long enough to get it’s picture took! ┬áJust!

8 responses

1. Robbie

I haven’t seen one of these beauties in a while. Nice capture.

2014/01/23 at 10:33 pm

• Robbie, thanks! I really like them!

2014/01/24 at 12:08 am

2. bobbushell

What a treat, the Flicker, sitting and posing, mighty fine piece of photography.

2014/01/23 at 10:35 pm

• Bob,thanks so much!

2014/01/24 at 12:08 am

3. Beulah Vail

Well done!! I like the male flicker better because of the beautiful red markings on the face. While doing papers today on your street further down where they were working on the cauliflowers and the other set of mailboxes , I saw 3 deer!!! They were right out in the field eating something. They looked very relaxed. I had to finish my papers so I just rolled on by and I was gone!!

On Thursday, January 23, 2014, Robin’s Robins wrote:

> Robin posted: “”

2014/01/23 at 10:37 pm

• B, thanks! I haven’t seen the deer for awhile! Must be getting to the time of year when there’s less and less to eat.

2014/01/24 at 12:10 am

4. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen a Flicker – beautiful bird. Good photo too. Thanks, Lisa

2014/01/24 at 7:35 am

• Lisa, thank you for your interest! I quite like the Northern Flicker. It’s a very pretty bird. The males have a red splash on their necks, which makes them even prettier!

2014/01/24 at 8:13 am