Nature Through My Lens

I Love This Grin

squirrel2

This little character is fond of our brand of Suet we feed the birds!

I want to say, I love his shit eating grin, but don’t know if I can say that here!!

21 responses

1. Isn’t it lovely, great photo Robin.

2015/11/27 at 8:49 am

2. Oh my goodness. This is adorable, and I love your composition.

2015/11/27 at 3:46 pm

• Karen, thanks!

2015/11/27 at 11:05 pm

3. Aww… lovely and natural. Great capture!

2015/11/27 at 6:52 pm

• Vera, thank you!

2015/11/27 at 11:07 pm

4. such a (practised) look of innocence!!

2015/12/01 at 3:18 am

• WH, I think you’re right!

2015/12/01 at 3:33 am

• I was at Stanley Park yesterday, and the Eastern Greys were thick as thieves there, and do they know how to turn on the charm. 🙂

2015/12/01 at 3:35 am

• We had four of them in the yard this afternoon! Now the peanut feeder needs filling again! I love seeing them. Even the dog doesn’t mind them in the yard! But he’ll ear anything they drop on the ground!

2015/12/01 at 3:41 am

• we’ll get about three of them in Delta … one Eastern Grey of normal grey mutation, and two of the black colour mutation. and then there’s the Northern Flying Squirrels, which we only hear and see at night. 🙂

2015/12/01 at 3:43 am

• We have the greys that range in colour from brown to black. Haven’t seen a flying squirrel! Didn’t know there was any around here!

2015/12/01 at 5:44 am

• I was quite surprised to learn it, too. it’s too bad they’re nocturnal — would be nice to photograph them!

2015/12/01 at 5:45 am

• That’s really interesting! How’s your backyard birding? We’ve had a big bunch of Siskins this week or so. Got some Evening Grosbeaks today. Always nice to see them.

2015/12/01 at 5:50 am

• we’ve only had 2-3 siskins so far, and they show up every few days.

our regular crowd is 10-15 Dark-Eyed Juncos, 4 Golden-Crowned Sparrows, 2 Song Sparrows, 1-2 Spotted Towhees, 1-3 Downy Woodpeckers, 1-2 Northern Flickers, 1-2 Chestnut-Backed Chickadees, and 5-6 Anna’s hummingbirds. From time to time, 15-30 Bushtits, 1 Golden-Crowned Kinglet, and 1-2 White-Crowned Sparrows will join the mix.

I would love to see the Evening Grosbeaks, but those have never shown up here.

We did have a Steller’s Jay make two cameos, and a male a female Varied Thrush showed up, too.

2015/12/01 at 6:00 am

• We pretty have the same crowd. We have three or four Stellar’s Jays who quite enjoy the peanuts and suet! We regularly have three Doves. I saw a Robin this afternoon. Thought they had all left.

2015/12/01 at 6:22 am

• I haven’t seen the Eurasian Collared Doves in about a year.

I thought the Robins were year round! I saw six pillaging the pyracantha pommes a couple of weeks ago. 🙂

2015/12/01 at 6:27 am

• The Robins seem to leave for a couple of months. I know I’ve seen them at Reifel all year. We’ve only had the Doves for a couple of years.

2015/12/01 at 6:30 am

• the Robins love pinching our blueberries in the summer. I would love to photograph the Steller’s Jays up close, but they are very flighty birds.

2015/12/01 at 6:32 am

• They certainly don’t stay in one spot long. Makes it a bit of a challenge!

2015/12/01 at 6:34 am

• you can say that again! 🙂

2015/12/01 at 6:37 am