Nature Through My Lens

November Hummer

hummer.jpg

An Anna’s Hummingbird.

We have several of these guys in the yard, or close to it, right now.  I say several because I’ve seen three at one time, but they are so fast it is hard to make distinctions into individuals.  They are staying close to our feeders.  They need lots of energy to survive this time of the year!

8 responses

1. Vicki

I find that they are very territorial. we purchased another feeder but they still chase each other away.

2016/11/17 at 12:27 am

2. They must be hardy birds to survive the colder temperatures. I’m glad you’re feeding them!

2016/11/17 at 12:30 am

• We’ve had them stay over winter for the past couple of years. We keep them supplied with nectar but I still don’t know how they survive.

2016/11/17 at 3:14 am

• How lucky to have such pretty visitors. My mom has a feeder which attracts an assortment of birds such as blue jays, cardinals and others. It’s fun just watching them eat and fly away, although most just stick around. Cheers.

2016/11/17 at 3:52 am

3. These little guys are so quick.You still got a good shot of him.

2016/11/17 at 2:27 am

• Ruth, they really are! We put a feeder under our deck. We have a small patio there. We put the feeder there so it’s out of the rain and frost when it cools off. Sitting there yesterday I had two of them zooming in and around me. They’ll stop and look right a me! So I talk to them and they will zoom off!

2016/11/17 at 3:18 am

4. Beautiful hummingbird Robin.

2016/11/17 at 4:21 pm