Nature Through My Lens

January Hum

IMG_4078.jpg

Here’s my fearless male Anna’s Hummingbird (Calypte anna). He’s braved the wind and rain and snow and ice and is still with us.

10 responses

1. rhiebert

Brave little soul,for sure.

2018/01/11 at 3:13 am

• Ruth, thank you! We see him every day. He doesn’t seem to mind the weather! He sits on one branch in our Rose of Sharon. Rain or shine!

2018/01/11 at 11:38 pm

2. Maybe he is still about the winter, because, you feeding him so good. Pretty bird.

2018/01/11 at 8:59 am

• Bob, Thank you! We do our best! He has his territory and he’s not going to let a little weather get in the way!

2018/01/11 at 11:39 pm

3. gwenniesgardenworld

If he is that brave, I wonder why he doesn’t live in my part of the world !! I’d love that !!!

2018/01/11 at 2:29 pm

• Gwennie, Maybe one day, they’ll get to you!

2018/01/11 at 11:40 pm

• gwenniesgardenworld

Who knows, the canadian geese also come to us now for a number of years, maybe you can tell the hummingbirds we’d love to have them in Belgium too, it certainly is not colder here than it is in Canada 😀

2018/01/12 at 8:17 am

• Gwennie, I’ll put out the word! I think our climates are very similar!

2018/01/14 at 12:17 am

• gwenniesgardenworld

I think ours is less cold, minus 5 C° is cold here and occasionally we have minus 10 C° but not every Winter, en we don’t get a lot of snow either.

2018/01/14 at 2:37 pm

• Gwennie, Minus 5 C, is cold for us too. We generally don’t get a lot of snow either. Some years we do but it depends on the ocean currents, El Nino and La Nina.

2018/01/15 at 11:20 pm